We have teachers show are receiving error messages on their computer indicating that Messaging has been disabled for a particular student, even though that may not be the case. This appears to be a caching issues on the teacher's computer. Here is the solutions:
- Close Teams - Check the little icons in the system try to be sure it is closed. If Teams still shows there, right click and select Exit.
- Open Windows Explorer (Click on the File Folder icon)
- Browse to "%AppData%\Microsoft\Teams\" by copying/pasting that into the address bar
- Delete the folder called: IndexDB
- Start Teams again and see if the problem is resolved.
Quit Microsoft Teams.
Delete files in the following folders. Use the magnifying glass at the top right of your desktop to search for the files. You may only need to delete the first file.
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Application Cache/Cache
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/blob_storage
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Cache
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/databases
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/GPUCache
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/IndexedDB
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Local Storage
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/tmp
Restart Microsoft Teams.